Hey busy moms/dads/caregivers!
What a better way to kick-off the start of summer than with a backyard BBQ on Memorial Day weekend. I love grilling in the summer. Besides the obvious reasons of being outdoors, in the sun, enjoying the long days and warm nights, grilling is a busy mom’s break from hours in the kitchen. I marinate whatever we are going to eat ahead of time and then when it’s time to grill, I hand it all over to the hubby to grill, while I relax outside with a glass of wine.
I’m happy to share my go-to grilled chicken recipe that is delicious, healthy and easy to prep! I make extra to have leftovers that I chop and serve over a bed of greens for lunch the next day. My kids like it in a tortilla wrap with lettuce, tomato, and avocado.
- 1 lb. chicken (boneless thighs, breasts and/or drumsticks)
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. paprika
- 1 tbsp. garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp. mixed dried herbs (basil, rosemary, parsley, thyme)
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
[/ingredients] [directions title=”Directions”]
- Marinate the chicken with the herbs, spices, garlic, lemon juice and olive oil. I like to marinate it overnight, but when I’m pressed for time, I marinate it at least for one hour.
- Grill the chicken on 350 degrees. Cook time is approximately 20 minutes for one-inch chicken thighs/breasts (10 minutes on each side) and 40 minutes for drumsticks (10 minutes on each side).
- Please note that cook time varies according to the thickness of the chicken. To test if chicken is cooked, cut a slice of chicken and notice the juices that should run clear. If the juices are pink, the chicken is not fully cooked.
P.S. Give yourself or a loved one the gift of “Busy Mom’s Cheat Sheet: Raising Happy Healthy Kids“. Learn the tools to lead and teach your kids to have a healthy happy life, including 45 easy, quick, healthy delicious recipes even the pickiest bellies at home will love!