When I started my healthy eating journey, it was tough to get my kids to eat the healthy foods I was enjoying having been used to eating “kids food”.
The first step to get my kids to eat healthier foods was to make the foods they were used to eating in a healthier fashion.
Is there a better place to start then with the classic chicken nuggets!
Traditional chicken nuggets are typically being deep fried, high in calories and fat. The chicken nuggets at fast food chains have so many extra ingredients that are not good for us. For example, McDonald’s has 40 ingredients in their chicken nuggets including a lot of preservatives, MSG, bad oil’s, sugar etc.
My recipe has less than 10 ingredients and is so easy, quick and healthy!
You can now eat chicken nuggets without the guilt. Enjoy!
- 16 oz boneless chicken breasts
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dry parsley flakes
- 1 tsp mustard
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- In a bowl, combine chicken with 1 tsp olive oil, mustard, parsley, salt & pepper.
- Beat the egg in another bowl and pour breadcrumbs on a plate.
- Dip seasoned chicken nugget first in the egg, coating on both sides.
- Then place the chicken nugget into the breadcrumbs on both sides.
- Place chicken strips on greased parchment paper lined sheet pan.
- Brush remaining olive oil (1 tsp) on both sides of the chicken nugget.
- Bake in the oven at 450 degrees for 15 minutes on each side. Baking time may vary according to the thickness of your chicken pieces.
- Broil on low or medium for 5 minutes for extra crispiness.
- Place cutlets on plate lined with paper towel to soak any excess oil